Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iCloud storage differently on iPhone and computer

I have an iPhone and an older MacBook Pro on my AppleID. I have a large number of photos in my Photos library on my computer that I do not want to store in my iCloud storage. Can I turn on iCloud storage for my iPhone photos only? (I realize that once I turn on iCloud backup for my phone, I will no longer sync my phone with my computer.) In other words, if I turn on iCloud storage/backup for my phone photos, will that in any way affect my computer Photos library? I want future photos I take on my phone to be stored/backed up in the cloud but I want to leave my current computer Photos library as is.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 8:45 AM

You can turn on iCloud Photos only on the phone and it will not affect your computer.

Also, if you want new photos that you take on the phone to automatically be sent to your computer you can turn on Photo Stream (both iCloud Photos and Photo Stream would be turned on in the phone). See: My Photo Stream - Apple Support

1 reply

Using iCloud storage differently on iPhone and computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.