Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Media Scrubber won't let me "scrub" through videos on the touchbar.

When I have a video in youtube playing, I am able to press a button on my touchbar that looks like a circle with a bar graph inside it to view what seems to be the media scrubber. The problem is that I am unable to scrub through videos using this touchbar. I can still use my trackpad to click on the website itself, the arrowkeys to scrub through at set increments and the pause button on my touchbar but I am unable to use my touchbar to fine scrub through the video as I would on the browser itself with the trackpad.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 8:27 AM

Hey Trickster2414,

We see you have tested in different web browsers and it happens in all of them. Next, let's see if it happens in a different user account. If you do not have another, follow the steps below to create a test one.

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.
  2. Click the lock , then enter an administrator name and password.
  3. Click the add button (+) below the list of users.
  4. Complete the fields shown for an Administrator account, then click Create Account (or OK).

If it doesn't happen in the other test account, it is generally related to the settings and/or files in the original account.

You'll find more information regarding user creation linked below.

Take care.

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 8:27 AM in response to Trickster2414

Hey Trickster2414,

We see you have tested in different web browsers and it happens in all of them. Next, let's see if it happens in a different user account. If you do not have another, follow the steps below to create a test one.

4. Complete the fields shown for an Administrator account, then click Create Account (or OK).

If it doesn't happen in the other test account, it is generally related to the settings and/or files in the original account.

Take care.

Sep 2, 2020 8:23 AM in response to Trickster2414

Hey Trickster2414,

Take care.

Sep 2, 2020 8:21 AM in response to Trickster2414

Hey Trickster2414,

Take care.

Sep 2, 2020 8:22 AM in response to Trickster2414

Hey Trickster2414,

Take care.

Hey Trickster2414,

Take care.

Hey Trickster2414,

Take care.

Sep 2, 2020 8:24 AM in response to Trickster2414

Hey Trickster2414,

Take care.

Sep 2, 2020 8:24 AM in response to Trickster2414

Hey Trickster2414,

Take care.

Sep 2, 2020 8:27 AM in response to Trickster2414

Hey Trickster2414,

Take care.

Aug 29, 2020 2:25 PM in response to Trickster2414

Hi Trickster2414,

We understand you're experiencing an issue when attempting to scrub using the Touch Bar. We see that your question hasn't been answered. Here's a couple of questions that may help get answers for you.

Which web browser are you using to access the Youtube videos?

Have you tested in a multiple web browsers?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Media Scrubber won't let me "scrub" through videos on the touchbar.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.