Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Controlling a Mac mini via USB

Hello, I'm looking to try and connect my Mac mini 2018 with my Mac mini 2014. Key thing is I want to be able to do a "remote login" and control my Mac mini 2014 from my Mac mini 2018. Currently I'm doing it over wifi but it's a bit slow and unstable.

I don't need blazing fast transfer speeds and I'm mainly after more stability than speed but a bit of a speed bump would be nice too. Is there anyway I can do it via a USB-A to USB-C cable?

Thanks in advance!

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 5:25 AM

I control my 2011 Mac Mini Media Server with Screen Sharing and File Sharing over an Ethernet connection. Screen Sharing allows me to navigate the Media Server desktop. File Sharing allow me to easily move smaller files back and forth, but for larger media files I use an external USB drive. Not sure if this solution will allow for a Remote Log-in or not, because my Media Server is set to auto log-in.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 5:25 AM in response to MacSl0th

I control my 2011 Mac Mini Media Server with Screen Sharing and File Sharing over an Ethernet connection. Screen Sharing allows me to navigate the Media Server desktop. File Sharing allow me to easily move smaller files back and forth, but for larger media files I use an external USB drive. Not sure if this solution will allow for a Remote Log-in or not, because my Media Server is set to auto log-in.

Controlling a Mac mini via USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.