Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 won't charge

My iPhone recently started saying "This accessory may not be supported" and it stops charging . I have to plug it again to charge the phone. Most of the time I won't see the message and it stops charging.What could be the reason ? I am using an Apple-Certified Charger.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 6:19 AM

Apple has made changes recently that have tightened the tolerances on Lightning cables acceptable to iPhones and iPads. This means that some aftermarket cables and even some older Apple cables refuse to work with a device running iOS 13. Assuming that your iPhone is really an iPhone 6 running iOS 12, yours is the first one I have heard of exhibiting this problem in iOS 12.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 6:19 AM in response to Adeem_Shihab

Apple has made changes recently that have tightened the tolerances on Lightning cables acceptable to iPhones and iPads. This means that some aftermarket cables and even some older Apple cables refuse to work with a device running iOS 13. Assuming that your iPhone is really an iPhone 6 running iOS 12, yours is the first one I have heard of exhibiting this problem in iOS 12.

My iPhone 6 won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.