Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud email password

What is my icloud email password? My apple id password doesn't work and I keep getting pop up saying my icloud setting are out of date.

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 6:39 AM

If you are using an Apple email program, your iCloud email password should be the same as your Apple ID password. If you are using a 3rd party email program, you need to enable 2 Factor Authentication on your Apple ID and create an app specific password to use. If your account won’t allow 2 Factor Authentication, try 2 step verification.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.   

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

Where are you getting the pop up saying my iCloud setting are out of date? In the email program?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 6:39 AM in response to bev135

If you are using an Apple email program, your iCloud email password should be the same as your Apple ID password. If you are using a 3rd party email program, you need to enable 2 Factor Authentication on your Apple ID and create an app specific password to use. If your account won’t allow 2 Factor Authentication, try 2 step verification.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.   

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

Where are you getting the pop up saying my iCloud setting are out of date? In the email program?

icloud email password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.