Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD Pro-2020-Wired headphone Glitch/bug when using in Garageband to monitor sound latency

Hello,

One of the reasons I bought the new ipad pro was because of it's improved built in microphones. But I just found out that the only way you can use those built in mics for recording in garage band and monitoring your sound is to use bluetooth headphones (with tons of latency). If you try any combination of wired headphones it will auto disable the sound recording level in garageband.

The bluetooth headphones with a lot of latency is a deal breaker. I have an ipad mini that works fine.

This is totally unacceptable and I am very disappointed in apple. Why didn't you mention that you were creating this issue in your advertising. Sure, I could buy an external audio interface to help the problem but that's why I purchased the ipad pro. Again very disappointed!

One other thing I noticed was you guys never gave an answer to anyone else that had this same question.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 1:26 PM

Hi Franco66,

Thanks so much for reaching out through our Apple Support Communities for help with this behavior you're noticing when using headphones with GarageBand on your iPad Pro. We're certainly glad to help in any way we can!

To ensure we understand correctly, let us know more about what's going on. Which models of headphones are you using with your iPad when this occurs? Is there a built-in microphone in each set of headphones you test?

We've got a great resource to share with you that goes over options for recording audio in GarageBand on iPad:

Use the Audio Recorder in GarageBand for iPad

For further direct assistance using GarageBand on iPad, please feel free to reach out via our support site here:

Get Support

Have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2020 1:26 PM in response to Franco66

Hi Franco66,

Thanks so much for reaching out through our Apple Support Communities for help with this behavior you're noticing when using headphones with GarageBand on your iPad Pro. We're certainly glad to help in any way we can!

To ensure we understand correctly, let us know more about what's going on. Which models of headphones are you using with your iPad when this occurs? Is there a built-in microphone in each set of headphones you test?

We've got a great resource to share with you that goes over options for recording audio in GarageBand on iPad:

Use the Audio Recorder in GarageBand for iPad

For further direct assistance using GarageBand on iPad, please feel free to reach out via our support site here:

Get Support

Have a great day!

IPAD Pro-2020-Wired headphone Glitch/bug when using in Garageband to monitor sound latency

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.