Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

an app on my iOS iPad will not close, what do I do??

an app on my iPad will not close

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 11:12 AM

Will not close in what way? Is the screen frozen and you can’t do anything? If so try a forced restart.

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.

Normally, In order to close an app, you swipe up from the bottom of the screen to get to your app switcher, swipe to find the app you want to close and then swipe the app preview up and off of the screen.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 11:12 AM in response to CcDaisyMay3

Will not close in what way? Is the screen frozen and you can’t do anything? If so try a forced restart.

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.

Normally, In order to close an app, you swipe up from the bottom of the screen to get to your app switcher, swipe to find the app you want to close and then swipe the app preview up and off of the screen.

an app on my iOS iPad will not close, what do I do??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.