Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay between iPad and Macbook not working

I have an iPad air 2 running macOS 13.6.1 and a Macbook air running Catalina 10.15.6 but I cannot use the side car feature as I am not getting the option for airplay. Is this my devices not being current enough or is there a different problem. I have checked my firewall and it is allowing incoming connections, both the devices are connected to the same network, I have show mirroring options ticked, I have tried restarting both of them, have tried having no other bluetooth devices connected and none of this has worked.

Hope someone can help, thanks :)

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 11:24 PM

What version MacBook Air do you have?

Do you have an iPad Air 2 (as per the text of your question) or an iPad Pro 12.9" 2nd generation (as per your profile)? The former is not supported; the latter is.

(from Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar - Apple Support)

The MacBook Air must be one introduced in 2018 or later.

The iPad must be one of the following:

iPad Pro: all models

iPad (6th generation) or later

iPad mini (5th generation)

iPad Air (3rd generation)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 11:24 PM in response to EvanFleming

What version MacBook Air do you have?

Do you have an iPad Air 2 (as per the text of your question) or an iPad Pro 12.9" 2nd generation (as per your profile)? The former is not supported; the latter is.

(from Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar - Apple Support)

The MacBook Air must be one introduced in 2018 or later.

The iPad must be one of the following:

iPad Pro: all models

iPad (6th generation) or later

iPad mini (5th generation)

iPad Air (3rd generation)

Airplay between iPad and Macbook not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.