Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The join tracks option does not appear under tools icon

I am trying to import an audiobook CD into my iTunes library. I click on Edit, Select All. Then I go to the Tools icon on the right. Under the tools icon, I would select Join Tracks, but that option is not available. How do I get that option back?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 3:37 PM

First things first; this is a physical CD that you're working with, isn't it? You can only join CD tracks, at import time. You cannot join them after you have imported the CD, which also means that you cannot join audio files on your computer.

When the CD appears in the Import CD window, the tracks should, by default, be in the correct (forward) order, from track one onward. If the track list is in any other order, including reverse order, the option to Join CD Tracks will not be shown on the Tools menu.

You can tell if the track list is in the forward order by looking at the arrow in the left column. It must be pointing upward:

... and when I Select All and then click on the Tools icon,* I can see the option to Join CD Tracks:

But if the arrow is pointing down:

As you can see, in the last screenshot, the join CD tracks option is not there and that's because the tracks are listed in reverse order, as noted by the arrowhead pointing down. Note that the numbering in this screenshot is now reversed.*

If your CD is not listed in the correct order, simply click in the header space (where both my arrow and the column arrow can be seen) to select the column. Click on it a second time if it is in reverse order.

* Post edited by author after initial posting, to aid clarity.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 3:37 PM in response to Logan0415

First things first; this is a physical CD that you're working with, isn't it? You can only join CD tracks, at import time. You cannot join them after you have imported the CD, which also means that you cannot join audio files on your computer.

When the CD appears in the Import CD window, the tracks should, by default, be in the correct (forward) order, from track one onward. If the track list is in any other order, including reverse order, the option to Join CD Tracks will not be shown on the Tools menu.

You can tell if the track list is in the forward order by looking at the arrow in the left column. It must be pointing upward:

... and when I Select All and then click on the Tools icon,* I can see the option to Join CD Tracks:

But if the arrow is pointing down:

As you can see, in the last screenshot, the join CD tracks option is not there and that's because the tracks are listed in reverse order, as noted by the arrowhead pointing down. Note that the numbering in this screenshot is now reversed.*

If your CD is not listed in the correct order, simply click in the header space (where both my arrow and the column arrow can be seen) to select the column. Click on it a second time if it is in reverse order.

* Post edited by author after initial posting, to aid clarity.

The join tracks option does not appear under tools icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.