Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina vs microsoft office 365

I just bought de license key of the microsoft office 365. I tried to download it and activate de key and each time it’s says : unable to activate office.

thanks for buying office. We’ve confirmed your purchase, but in order to activate you will need to download a version of office 2019 for mac from this link.

i do everything they say and it still don’t work.... please I need to use excel ASAP

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 2:57 PM

It sounds like you accidentally purchased an Office 2019 license. Office 365 doesn't use a key. You login to your MS online account using the same email address gave for the purchase information.

Not that it doesn't work (almost) exactly the same as Office 365. The only real differences are:

1. You pay for Office 2019 once and can use it for as long as MS supports it through future releases of macOS.
  2. It won't get any new features until the next one-time cost paid release of Office.

You can get the current 16.40, full Office 2019 download directly from Microsoft here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office-for-mac

Get the version without teams.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 2:57 PM in response to Caroturcottec

It sounds like you accidentally purchased an Office 2019 license. Office 365 doesn't use a key. You login to your MS online account using the same email address gave for the purchase information.

Not that it doesn't work (almost) exactly the same as Office 365. The only real differences are:

1. You pay for Office 2019 once and can use it for as long as MS supports it through future releases of macOS.
  2. It won't get any new features until the next one-time cost paid release of Office.

You can get the current 16.40, full Office 2019 download directly from Microsoft here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office-for-mac

Get the version without teams.

Aug 29, 2020 2:21 PM in response to Caroturcottec

MS Office 365 is not the same as MS Office 2019.

MS Office 365 is a yearly subscription service through the Microsoft Store, or the Apple App Store (it's available in both places).

MS Office 2019 is one a one-time purchase stand-alone product, i.e. a traditional copy of MS Office and not a software-as-a-service subscription that goes on forever.

I would check out this page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/download-and-install-or-reinstall-microsoft-365-or-office-2019-on-a-pc-or-mac-4414eaaf-0478-48be-9c42-23adc4716658

Otherwise they do have an online chat support help you can contact them through.

Catalina vs microsoft office 365

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.