Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV and iTunes Movies can sync?

I am interested in buying a movie in the homonymous application of my Apple TV, but I do not know if by buying it there I can consume it on other devices, unlike iTunes Movies, I do not know if it is the same platform or the same product in the two applications, Thank you.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 12

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 3:14 PM

The Apple TV app and the Movies app access the same iTunes Store catalog for buying or renting movies. They access your same movies library of previously purchased movies. Movies bought in either app will be available in the other app automatically. You will need to view this content in Apple’s apps, because of DRM. Your library will be available in the TV app/Movies app/iTunes application on any of your devices with the these apps, for that same Apple ID account.

The Movies app is dedicated to just movies from the iTunes Store.

The TV app tries to be a hub for many more services. It also has TV shows (if available in your country or region) from the iTunes Store. It also has Apple TV+ featuring Apple Original content. It also has licensed premium Channels. It also features linked content from other supported apps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 3:14 PM in response to CalebJB

The Apple TV app and the Movies app access the same iTunes Store catalog for buying or renting movies. They access your same movies library of previously purchased movies. Movies bought in either app will be available in the other app automatically. You will need to view this content in Apple’s apps, because of DRM. Your library will be available in the TV app/Movies app/iTunes application on any of your devices with the these apps, for that same Apple ID account.

The Movies app is dedicated to just movies from the iTunes Store.

The TV app tries to be a hub for many more services. It also has TV shows (if available in your country or region) from the iTunes Store. It also has Apple TV+ featuring Apple Original content. It also has licensed premium Channels. It also features linked content from other supported apps.

Apple TV and iTunes Movies can sync?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.