Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iMovie keep trying to share a file I didn't choose each time I try to share a new project?

Why does iMovie keep trying to share a file I didn't choose each time I try to share a new project?

It eventually fails but refuses to export any movie I'm trying to share. Each time, it tries to send the SAME file created long ago.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 4:16 PM

Hi, shahzaadee,

Possibly a corrupt preference is causing the export issue. Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back

to your projects. Now see if you can share out the movie that you want.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 4:16 PM in response to shahzaadee

Hi, shahzaadee,

Possibly a corrupt preference is causing the export issue. Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back

to your projects. Now see if you can share out the movie that you want.

-- Rich

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.