Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get files from iCloud and close it?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 1:20 AM

natasa276 Said:

"How do I get files from iCloud and close it?"

-------

About Closing iCloud:

If you were to close iCloud - then you would be closing your Apple Account. And... that would be unwise, in my opinion, if you have spent much on Apple purchases (software, iTunes, etc). Once all is closed, it would no longer be accessible to you, including taking part these forums. Moreover, Apple Accounts cannot be merged. If it Were me: I'd just export it all, and let iCloud be.

So, Export It All, Instead:

Go here: Archive or Make Copies of the Information you Store in iCloud - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2020 1:20 AM in response to natasa276

natasa276 Said:

"How do I get files from iCloud and close it?"

-------

About Closing iCloud:

If you were to close iCloud - then you would be closing your Apple Account. And... that would be unwise, in my opinion, if you have spent much on Apple purchases (software, iTunes, etc). Once all is closed, it would no longer be accessible to you, including taking part these forums. Moreover, Apple Accounts cannot be merged. If it Were me: I'd just export it all, and let iCloud be.

So, Export It All, Instead:

Go here: Archive or Make Copies of the Information you Store in iCloud - Apple Support

Aug 30, 2020 12:56 AM in response to natasa276

When you say you’re looking for files from iCloud what exactly are you talking about? You can look at the files that are available on iCloud by opening the “Files” app. This will show you the files that you have in iCloud as well as other files from other cloud sources that you have setup. As far as closing it, what do you mean by that? You never really “close” anything and if you want to stop programs that are running in the background and “close” them you swipe up from the bottom and hold in the middle of the screen if you are using a phone with no home button and then you can swipe whatever apps are open off toward the top of the screen to close them. If you have a phone with a home button, double click the home button and you’ll see the list of open apps that you can then swipe off toward the top of the screen to close them.

Aug 30, 2020 1:03 PM in response to natasa276

Once you've gotten your data/files, you can simply change your settings not to sync to iCloud = that means you simply stop using it. There is no requirement to use it - I don't. But, you do want that account because it is tied in with your Apple ID and you do need that.

Simply tap on Settings > your account > iCloud > and disable/turn off any settings there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.