Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari (iOS) doesn't suggest strong passwords

Hi All,

First, a "disclaimer": yes, I've searched for this question. The solutions aren't working for me. Things I've tried:

• Enable iCloud keychain (it was disabled the first time I noticed this problem)
  • Disable and re-enable (with and without restarts
  • Clean install of iOS (both 13.5 and 14b7, just in case that fixed it)

I'm frustrated to the point of crazy. I shouldn't have to pay to use this essential feature, and I rely on Keychain for my harem of Apple devices. ANY suggestions, no matter how far-fetched or difficult, are greatly appreciated!

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 1:33 PM

Hello prostodushny,

You're very welcome. We're glad you were able to leave feedback for iOS 14 beta, and are updated to iOS 13.7. If you continue to have issues when iOS 14 is released reaching out to one of our other support channels is the right next step.

Have a great day.

7 replies

Aug 31, 2020 9:15 AM in response to prostodushny

Hello prostodushny,

We know how important it is to ensure your apps and features are as secure as possible. The following article provides the specific information on how that feature works. We do want to advise that strong password suggestions would be for new accounts, not existing accounts. There is a section in the article that can help with identifying weak passcodes, and be able to update those accordingly.

Create website and app passwords on iPhone

Have a great week!

Sep 11, 2020 8:26 AM in response to prostodushny

Hello prostodushny,

There's no need to apologize. Thank you for confirming this issue only happens with new accounts. Did you have the opportunity to try the steps outlined in the article we previously linked? If not, we recommend trying the steps there, and seeing if you're able to complete the steps outlined in the section 'Change a weak password'.

Create website and app passwords on iPhone

Have a great weekend.

Sep 11, 2020 11:37 AM in response to prostodushny

Hello prostodushy,

You mentioned you were running iOS 13.5, and also iOS 14 beta. Are you currently running iOS 14 beta? If so, we recommend leaving feedback through the Feedback application to be reviewed by the appropriate individuals. If you're currently running iOS 13.5 we do recommend updating to the latest iOS version that's been released which is iOS 13.7.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Frequently Asked Questions

If you continue to have issues when running iOS 13.7 we would recommend reaching out to one of our available support channels through our Get Support website.

Take care!

Safari (iOS) doesn't suggest strong passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.