Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my time machine can't find the back up disk on my time capsule

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 12:54 PM

Antivirus.. Norton internet security

And that.....is the problem. Please contact Symantec/Norton Support for any information on this known issue. Last time I checked, Norton could not provide a timeline for the release of a "fix".

If you need a quicker solution, you'll have to completely uninstall Norton from your Mac.

Might be another discussion, but if you post over in the operating system support forum.....where the Mac OS gurus hang out......they will tell you that Norton......or any other anti-virus application.....is not needed on your Mac and will do nothing to help it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2020 12:54 PM in response to Kraig

Antivirus.. Norton internet security

And that.....is the problem. Please contact Symantec/Norton Support for any information on this known issue. Last time I checked, Norton could not provide a timeline for the release of a "fix".

If you need a quicker solution, you'll have to completely uninstall Norton from your Mac.

Might be another discussion, but if you post over in the operating system support forum.....where the Mac OS gurus hang out......they will tell you that Norton......or any other anti-virus application.....is not needed on your Mac and will do nothing to help it.

Aug 30, 2020 12:13 PM in response to Kraig

We need some basic information to better understand what is going on. Things like......

What operating system is your Mac running?

Have you performed any recent updates?

Are you running any kind of anti-virus application or anything else that claims to "speed up", "keep", "optimize" your Mac?

What color is the indicator light on the front of the Time Capsule?

We don't want to waste your time asking you to do things that you may have already done, troubleshooting wise, so could you please briefly list the steps/actions that you have already tried to solve the issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.