Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I back up my MacBook when I get the notice " try backing up when my Time Capsule is available?

I am trying to back up my MacBook and getting the message 'try backing up when my Time Capsule is available?" not sure what is going on. Thanks

MacBook, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 27, 2021 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 11:43 AM

Time Machine may be running a check like Verify Backups in the background.....which it will do on a regular basis without telling you.....so give things a few hours and then try to run a backup again.

If still no luck, start with the most basic of troubleshooting steps.

Power off the Time Capsule

Restart your Mac

Power up the Time Capsule again

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2021 11:43 AM in response to Gt9 from maple grove

Time Machine may be running a check like Verify Backups in the background.....which it will do on a regular basis without telling you.....so give things a few hours and then try to run a backup again.

If still no luck, start with the most basic of troubleshooting steps.

Power off the Time Capsule

Restart your Mac

Power up the Time Capsule again

how can I back up my MacBook when I get the notice " try backing up when my Time Capsule is available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.