Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clearning emails from the Mail App which is taking up 70 GB of my storage!

I use Gmail and am seeing that the mail app (which I never use and is just a nuisance when it pops up) is taking up a lot of my storage. How can I get ride of this integration/really just delete the darn app without deleting all my gmail history?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 12:16 PM

sweetjake wrote:

/really just delete the darn app

Simplest method is actually to go to Mail>Preferences>Accounts and remove the account you don't want. It won't delete the app but will remove all the account data (eg eMails) from those accounts on your Mac. It won't remove them from your Gmail account so you can still access them elsewhere.

But why don't you like the Mail app? It's so much better than trying to use web-based email services.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2020 12:16 PM in response to sweetjake

sweetjake wrote:

/really just delete the darn app

Simplest method is actually to go to Mail>Preferences>Accounts and remove the account you don't want. It won't delete the app but will remove all the account data (eg eMails) from those accounts on your Mac. It won't remove them from your Gmail account so you can still access them elsewhere.

But why don't you like the Mail app? It's so much better than trying to use web-based email services.

Clearning emails from the Mail App which is taking up 70 GB of my storage!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.