Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I sent a song from my Apple Music via text to someone but don’t know if they also have Apple Music. How do I know if they could open it or not when I don’t know if they have the program..

When I text a song from my Apple Music playlist to somebody else, how do I know that they actually had Apple Music program and could open my text and hear the song

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 7:13 PM

You will not either of that information. You will not know whether the recipient has Apple Music and You will not know whether the recipient clicked on the link and heard the song.

Note one thing that if the recipient chooses to click on the song link that you shared then they will hear at least the first few seconds of the song if the recipient does not have Apple Music subscription. If the recipient has the subscription then the recipient will be able to hear the entire song.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2020 7:13 PM in response to lama1814

You will not either of that information. You will not know whether the recipient has Apple Music and You will not know whether the recipient clicked on the link and heard the song.

Note one thing that if the recipient chooses to click on the song link that you shared then they will hear at least the first few seconds of the song if the recipient does not have Apple Music subscription. If the recipient has the subscription then the recipient will be able to hear the entire song.

Axel F.

I sent a song from my Apple Music via text to someone but don’t know if they also have Apple Music. How do I know if they could open it or not when I don’t know if they have the program..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.