Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text tone not working, do only some tones work with Text?

My text tone isn’t working. But the text shows up on the lock screen. Do you have to choose a text tone from the first list in the sounds section?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 11:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 1:19 AM

It’s me replying to myself. I switched the sound I chose for the text tone to one on the very first list that you get. Not clicking on ‘classic’ and going to that other more interesting list. And it works fine now. So if your text tone isn’t working it may be that you have chosen a ⚠️forbidden sound⚠️😰. It would be nice if they told us that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2020 1:19 AM in response to Poniesinjudah

It’s me replying to myself. I switched the sound I chose for the text tone to one on the very first list that you get. Not clicking on ‘classic’ and going to that other more interesting list. And it works fine now. So if your text tone isn’t working it may be that you have chosen a ⚠️forbidden sound⚠️😰. It would be nice if they told us that.

Text tone not working, do only some tones work with Text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.