Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I sign out from my deleted Apple ID?

I deleted my previous Apple ID for some reason. But I forgot to sign out my Apple ID on my Macbook. Now I can't sign out from my previous Apple ID as when I want to sign out it will ask for the password. And when I typed my password it says that "Cannot find this person". How can I sign out from my deleted Apple Id and log in a new one? Help me.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 5:24 AM

You can't sign out of an ID that doesn't exist. You need to do a complete computer reset to remove the deleted ID.

Do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart). Run Disk Utility/First Aid. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase. Use Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button, and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

Reinstall from macOS Recovery

OS X Recovery

When you reboot, use Setup Assistant to restore your data.

You also have lost all access to prior purchases made with the deleted ID. You will need to download them again using your new Apple ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2020 5:24 AM in response to amira1762

You can't sign out of an ID that doesn't exist. You need to do a complete computer reset to remove the deleted ID.

Do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart). Run Disk Utility/First Aid. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase. Use Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button, and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

Reinstall from macOS Recovery

OS X Recovery

When you reboot, use Setup Assistant to restore your data.

You also have lost all access to prior purchases made with the deleted ID. You will need to download them again using your new Apple ID.

How can I sign out from my deleted Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.