Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendars not in sync between iMac and iPad

My iCloud calendars are not in sync between my iPad and my iMac. For example, I have an appointment on Wed., Sept. 2, at 10:30 a.m. That is the appointment's correct time here in my Baltimore, MD, time zone, and indeed it's the time shown on my iPad, which is where I actually entered the appointment. But it shows as 7:30 a.m. in the iCloud calendar in my web browser on my iMac. Possibly the iCloud calendar in my web browser thinks my correct time zone is Pacific time — I don't know that for sure, though. My question is: how can I get the iCloud calendar in my iMac web browser to agree with my iPad about what time zone I'm in, i.e., the Eastern time zone? In other words, I want the times shown in the iCloud calendar in my web browser to be the same as the (correct) times shown on my iPad. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 8:01 AM

Hello Eric P. Stewart,

It sounds like you are saying the iCloud website shows the wrong timezone for calendar events. You can change the timezone for the iCloud website. Log into the iCloud webpage and choose account settings, then click on your timezone and choose the correct timezone. Check out this link to learn more about iCloud.

iCloud Support

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 8:01 AM in response to Eric P. Stewart

Hello Eric P. Stewart,

It sounds like you are saying the iCloud website shows the wrong timezone for calendar events. You can change the timezone for the iCloud website. Log into the iCloud webpage and choose account settings, then click on your timezone and choose the correct timezone. Check out this link to learn more about iCloud.

iCloud Support

Cheers!

Sep 1, 2020 9:06 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Thanks! That was indeed my problem. I reset the iCloud time zone from Pacific to Eastern time, and now the times shown in my calendar in the Google Chrome web browser are indeed correct — including some times that are actually on Pacific time!

I did not know until now that I could manually set my time zone in iCloud's account settings. I just thought the time zone of my computer's actual location would be picked up automatically.

The times shown in Calendar on my iPad remain correct as well.

Calendars not in sync between iMac and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.