Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing folder/file in my Coolwriter app after opening Apple Files app

I use the Coolwriter app. I have never looked at the Apple files app until today. I just opened it to take a look at it and noticed alot of different files in there. I did nothing and closed the app.

When I went back to my Coolwriter app one important folder was now deleted. How did this happen and how do I get back? Please help!

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 5:42 PM

I FIGURED IT OUT! I went back into the Files app to look around. Above recently deleted is On my Ipad. I tapped on that and....There was my missing folder! How it got moved from the cloud to my Ipad I have no idea. I did nothing to make that one folder move. Right now I do not care how it moved, I am just happy to have it back.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2020 5:42 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I FIGURED IT OUT! I went back into the Files app to look around. Above recently deleted is On my Ipad. I tapped on that and....There was my missing folder! How it got moved from the cloud to my Ipad I have no idea. I did nothing to make that one folder move. Right now I do not care how it moved, I am just happy to have it back.

Aug 31, 2020 11:39 AM in response to Olifromny

I wanted to edit what I wrote but did not know how. I have been trying to figure this out but cannot. I do not think that just opening the Ipad files up and closing it would cause this issue.

I use the Cool Writer app for years now. I have several folders and files. I just noticed today that one Folder/file has just disappeared. I did not delete anything, anywhere. The last time I was in that folder was around 8/25. I need that file back and need someone smart to help me.

Aug 31, 2020 12:04 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I have never opened the files app until today. I read something online about it and just thought I would take a look. I did look under recently deleted and nothing is there.

I never deleted anything. I have 7 folders in my Cool Writer app and one is just gone. I did not do anything for this to happen. I think it is just a coincidence that I opened the files app and going back into my Cool writer app noticed a file disappeared. It just makes no sense for an entire folder to just be gone.

Aug 31, 2020 3:48 PM in response to Olifromny

Sorry, that’s all I’ve got for you. You might want to try contacting the app vendor (I’m not familiar with it enough to know if it could have triggered a folder deletion, but I doubt it).

The only other possibility is that your data exceeded its limits on iCloud and that was part of what was deleted. But I suspect you would have been alerted if that were the case.

Missing folder/file in my Coolwriter app after opening Apple Files app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.