Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone on "silence unknown caller" does not ring even if number is in contacts

I have my iPhone set to "silence unknown caller." It is not on "do not disturb." However, sometimes (not always) my iPhone does not ring even if the caller is in my contacts. Is there a hierarchy of phone numbers that the iPhone matches with, e.g., only the top most number?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 8:11 AM

Hey claude213,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand some calls from your contacts are being sent to voicemail. We definitely don't want you to miss any important calls, and we're happy to help .

Checking Do Not Disturb is a great first step, so awesome there. Also ensure that your iPhone isn't in Silent mode: How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode

If the numbers are saved with any contact, the silence unknown callers wouldn't send those to voicemail. When you're seeing the missed call, does it show the contact number or just the number?

Thanks again, and have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 8:11 AM in response to claude213

Hey claude213,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand some calls from your contacts are being sent to voicemail. We definitely don't want you to miss any important calls, and we're happy to help .

Checking Do Not Disturb is a great first step, so awesome there. Also ensure that your iPhone isn't in Silent mode: How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode

If the numbers are saved with any contact, the silence unknown callers wouldn't send those to voicemail. When you're seeing the missed call, does it show the contact number or just the number?

Thanks again, and have a great day!

iPhone on "silence unknown caller" does not ring even if number is in contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.