Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP - Why is Apple Contacts SO TERRIBLE

Where to start - Trying to clean up contacts and it is a NIGHTMARE. Every time I do anything, it spins for at least a minute. But the worst part is, anytime I try to amend a contact, it deletes everything I just put in. THEN if I keep trying, it winds up deleting all the info that was already in the contact??? Anyone else have so many issues with the contact app??? Why is it so bad? Why do apple products get worse and worse every day?

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 4:53 PM

I sincerely believe Apple has forgotten Jack of all trades, Master of none.

Most things require 3rd party Apps to get the best results.

Are you syncing via iCloud> That has caused such problems.

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2020 4:53 PM in response to justine460

I sincerely believe Apple has forgotten Jack of all trades, Master of none.

Most things require 3rd party Apps to get the best results.

Are you syncing via iCloud> That has caused such problems.

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

HELP - Why is Apple Contacts SO TERRIBLE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.