Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages deleted by sender without my permission

I just noticed gaps in my text messages and it would appear that the sender has deleted text they sent and some of my responses to those texts. Is this invasion of privacy possible.? Can those gaps be restored. I’ve tried cloud , Imobie but they just show the same gaps and missing text. Can the sender have the power or tech to do such on my iPhone.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 5:59 AM

I do not claim to be an expert neither am I afraid of embarrassing myself as long as I get the answers I'm looking for, that's why I'm asking a question others have asked without getting a proper response. "A fish seller will never say their fish is rotten" However your sand box explanation may have provided the answer I was looking for.

Thanks

And again yes apple devices are secure for the most complicated issues but I think there is a gap when it comes to simple issues like text messaging and you have just provided the answer as referenced above. Sometimes we have to relearn. Technology is dynamic not matter what filed you find your expertise.

I choose to say its possible.

Thanks again. I have just being educated :)

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 5:59 AM in response to ckuan

I do not claim to be an expert neither am I afraid of embarrassing myself as long as I get the answers I'm looking for, that's why I'm asking a question others have asked without getting a proper response. "A fish seller will never say their fish is rotten" However your sand box explanation may have provided the answer I was looking for.

Thanks

And again yes apple devices are secure for the most complicated issues but I think there is a gap when it comes to simple issues like text messaging and you have just provided the answer as referenced above. Sometimes we have to relearn. Technology is dynamic not matter what filed you find your expertise.

I choose to say its possible.

Thanks again. I have just being educated :)

Aug 31, 2020 5:16 PM in response to ckuan

I think IPhone has a huge problem if this is the case. I am missing 3 weeks of text messages and some in between and the gaps are almost seamless. I heard this has happened to others and no one is able to provide answers other that you saying what’s impossible is possible. I find this very disconcerting. Someone from Apple needs to address this and let users know that this is possible and provide a way for users to recover and trace such activities. I just may be going back to Android. Very disappointed!

Sep 1, 2020 5:00 AM in response to ckuan

I didn't think it can happen, it did and I have the proof so get off your high horse and be helpful or don't respond. Your response show ignorance with the issue I have and many others that has received no proper response in this community. I have read similar questions in this community with no one providing a proper answer. Some have mentioned apps like 'Ansa" being used to do such.

And yes I've already purchased my Samsung and will be doing so for the rest of the family. Thanks for your help level 10!

Sep 1, 2020 5:38 AM in response to ckuan

There's no app available that can delete a message, another bogus thought.

If your iPhone is jailbroken then you got other problems to deal with.

FYI: All apps run in their own sandboxes, meaning no app or virus can interfere with another app.

That's why virus scanner is not needed in iOS/iPadOS/macOS/tvOS and watchOS.

BTW: Apple devices are more secure than your Samsung or any Android devices.

Go use the device you are happy with, we don't mind whatsoever.

Text messages deleted by sender without my permission

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.