Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

My tv is not allowing me to login to my iCloud. I have a gen 3 apple tv box. Its connected to the internet and I’ve tried two different accounts and it is still saying that it is ‘unavailable’ or something like that.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 2:18 AM

nic1225 Said:

"Apple TV: My tv is not allowing me to login to my iCloud. I have a gen 3 apple tv box. Its connected to the internet and I’ve tried two different accounts and it is still saying that it is ‘unavailable’ or something like that."

-------

On the Apple TV - Refresh the Session:

1. Remove: all Apple IDs from iCloud and iTunes
  2. Unplug: for 30 Seconds
  3. Power: it back on
  4. Add: the correct Apple Account
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 2:18 AM in response to nic1225

nic1225 Said:

"Apple TV: My tv is not allowing me to login to my iCloud. I have a gen 3 apple tv box. Its connected to the internet and I’ve tried two different accounts and it is still saying that it is ‘unavailable’ or something like that."

-------

On the Apple TV - Refresh the Session:

1. Remove: all Apple IDs from iCloud and iTunes
  2. Unplug: for 30 Seconds
  3. Power: it back on
  4. Add: the correct Apple Account

Sep 1, 2020 1:52 AM in response to nic1225

Could it be that you run into issues with two-factor authentication? Do you receive a verification code on a different device (e.g. your phone)?

The procedure of entering the password and verification code together in the password field can be confusing. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit.

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.