Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Can't sign out of a Apple ID on Macbook Pro becacuse I deleted the account.

Deleted my Apple ID before signing out of it on my Macbook Pro. Now cannot sign out of Apple ID because I get 'Cannot find this person' when I try to. Is there any way than a factory reset that can get me out of the Apple ID and allow me to use a new one?

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 1:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 9:58 AM

If your MacBook Pro has a T2 security system, erasing it will not disassociate that AppleID from it. And with the AppleID now deleted from Apple’s system, there is no possible fix. The Mac T2 system includes Secure Enclave, so just as with an iPhone or iPad, failure to sign out of your Apple accounts before deleting an AppleID has permanent consequences with no possible solution.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

• Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted.“
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 9:58 AM in response to dgyntiso

If your MacBook Pro has a T2 security system, erasing it will not disassociate that AppleID from it. And with the AppleID now deleted from Apple’s system, there is no possible fix. The Mac T2 system includes Secure Enclave, so just as with an iPhone or iPad, failure to sign out of your Apple accounts before deleting an AppleID has permanent consequences with no possible solution.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

• Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted.“

Sep 1, 2020 9:39 AM in response to dgyntiso

A factory reset should set the computer up as a 'new' computer. Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart). Run Disk Utility/First Aid. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase. Use Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button, and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

Reinstall from macOS Recovery

OS X Recovery

When you reboot, use Setup Assistant to restore your data.

You also have lost all access to prior purchases made with the deleted ID. You will need to download them again using your new Apple ID.

Help! Can't sign out of a Apple ID on Macbook Pro becacuse I deleted the account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.