Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

I am having a problem with downloading an app on my phone, I restored my phone completely and when I try to download the app it asks me to log into an Apple ID I no longer use, I can log into it but then it send the verification code to a number that I also no longer use.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 6:05 AM

It seems like the concerned app was installed when you were using your old Apple ID. Re-install it using your current Apple ID, should work for you.

First, go to jiggle mode, Delete/Uninstall the app.

Then, goto the App Store, verify that you're signed in with your new/current Apple ID. Install the app again!

Let us know if this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 6:05 AM in response to EmmaKieser

It seems like the concerned app was installed when you were using your old Apple ID. Re-install it using your current Apple ID, should work for you.

First, go to jiggle mode, Delete/Uninstall the app.

Then, goto the App Store, verify that you're signed in with your new/current Apple ID. Install the app again!

Let us know if this helps!

Sep 1, 2020 6:29 AM in response to EmmaKieser

If you don't want to delete the app, see if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

If you can then log into the old ID, you need to change the number on your Apple ID. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage    

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.