Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have selected share photo folders Option on my iPhone but cannot see photo folders on my windows iCloud photos.

I have selected share picture albums option in my iPhone but cannot see picture folders on windows iCloud.

iPhone SE, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 3:24 AM

8 replies

Sep 2, 2020 6:31 AM in response to Aibhin321

Hello Aibhin321,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand you are wanting to have your photos shared with iCloud. We are happy to provide some help with this.

There is a great feature called iCloud Photos which allows your iPhone to automatically upload all your pictures to be viewed anywhere from iCloud.

The first thing we would want to do is ensure that your iPhone is set up for iCloud photos. Take a look at this helpful article that goes over how to set this up:

Set up and use iCloud Photos

The next thing we want to do is make sure that iCloud for Windows is configured properly on your PC. We also have some great steps for setting that up here:

Set up and use iCloud for Windows

You are also able to check the iCloud website directly for your pictures as well. Just visit www.iCloud.com from your internet browser and log in with your Apple ID. Once you are logged in, just click on the "Photos" icon.

We hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions or need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sep 2, 2020 2:48 PM in response to Aibhin321

Hey there Aibhin321,

Thanks for following up. When using iCloud for Windows, you would want to download your photos from iCloud to your PC to be able to view them directly in the File Explorer in Windows. Any pictures you drag in to the iCloud Photos folder will upload them to iCloud.

Take a look at the steps listed in the section titled "Download and share your photos" to download the photos from iCloud to view on your PC:

Set up and use iCloud for Windows

If you need further assistance, please contact us directly by using the contact Apple Support link at the bottom of the article.

Best Regards.

Sep 2, 2020 12:37 PM in response to Aibhin321

Aibhin321 wrote:

Thanks for reply. I think I didn’t explain my issue clearly enough. I have created photo folders on my iPhone. All my photos are available to view on windows iCloud on my pc. However, I don’t see my photo folders on pc iCloud.

iOS photos doesn't do folder. It does albums.

Not understanding the difference between windows iCloud on my pc. and on pc iCloud.

Shared albums are not visible on iCloud. Regular albums are. Which did you create?

I have selected share photo folders Option on my iPhone but cannot see photo folders on my windows iCloud photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.