Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallet Transit Card Option

I live in Washington, DC and our transit system WMATA just announced that we can now add a SmarTrip card to Apple Wallet and use it to enter and exit the subway system. I followed the instructions to do that in my 6S Plus by clicking the + symbol in Wallet but the transit card option isn't available. My phone software is up to date and using iOS 13.6.1.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 10:27 AM

Hi sdavis3_63,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities.

It's exciting to be able to have your transit fare card available on your iPhone, and we're glad to help.

We recommend checking to see if there is an app that might be available for your iPhone. We did a quick check, and see that adding it to your wallet requires an iPhone 8 or later.

SmarTrip on iPhone & Apple Watch | WMATA

Take Care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 10:27 AM in response to sdavis3_63

Hi sdavis3_63,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities.

It's exciting to be able to have your transit fare card available on your iPhone, and we're glad to help.

We recommend checking to see if there is an app that might be available for your iPhone. We did a quick check, and see that adding it to your wallet requires an iPhone 8 or later.

SmarTrip on iPhone & Apple Watch | WMATA

Take Care.

Wallet Transit Card Option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.