Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freeing up ipad space

I need to free up space on my ipad

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 1:59 PM

The only remedy to having too little space on your device is to identify and remove unwanted data - however, some might be difficult to identify.

You have given no details as to the model of your iPad, its capacity, or any details of the data that is currently stored on your iPad. As such, we have little with which to offer specific guidance. You might choose to share more information about your device.

Your iPad model number and details can be accessed here:

Settings > General > About

Details about your storage capacity and usage can be found here:

Settings > General > iPad Storage

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You will see the relative usage of different categories of data locally stored on the iPad. Looking from the right, the light-grey bar is empty/free space, then you’ll see a very small darker-grey bar corresponding with “other”, then a green bar for “Messages” and so on.

If, when looking at your own data storage usage, you see that the “other” category is consuming an disproportionate amount of space on your iPad, this support page may be helpful to you:

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I hope this information and guidance proves to be helpful in resolving the issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 1:59 PM in response to newsguy880

The only remedy to having too little space on your device is to identify and remove unwanted data - however, some might be difficult to identify.

You have given no details as to the model of your iPad, its capacity, or any details of the data that is currently stored on your iPad. As such, we have little with which to offer specific guidance. You might choose to share more information about your device.

Your iPad model number and details can be accessed here:

Settings > General > About

Details about your storage capacity and usage can be found here:

Settings > General > iPad Storage

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You will see the relative usage of different categories of data locally stored on the iPad. Looking from the right, the light-grey bar is empty/free space, then you’ll see a very small darker-grey bar corresponding with “other”, then a green bar for “Messages” and so on.

If, when looking at your own data storage usage, you see that the “other” category is consuming an disproportionate amount of space on your iPad, this support page may be helpful to you:

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I hope this information and guidance proves to be helpful in resolving the issue.

Freeing up ipad space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.