Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One of my Apple Mail accounts doesn't fetch new mail

I have four accounts set up in Apple OSX 10.14.6 Mail. One iCloud, two @Verizon.net (AOL hosted), and one @gMail.com. All are set up as imap accounts. Mail periodically fails to fetch mail from the one of the @Verizon.net accounts that I use most often. I realize this when I receive a new email notification from this account on my iPhone and then can't find it in Mail on my iMac. I usually can break the blockage by exiting and relaunching the Mail application. Sometimes it works to go to System Preferences>Internet Accounts and uncheck the "Mail" checkbox and recheck the checkbox. The other @Verizon.net account, although not used as often, doesn't seem to exhibit this behavior. Any ideas how to resolve this annoyance would be appreciated.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 11:06 AM

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If you have no POP accounts & they’re all IMAP accounts then in Mail’s Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 11:06 AM in response to NPOESS Bill

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If you have no POP accounts & they’re all IMAP accounts then in Mail’s Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

One of my Apple Mail accounts doesn't fetch new mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.