You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank pages on iPad

I have started experiencing blank page issue on iPad recently with some sites. When this problem started, iOS version was 13.3. I updated it to 13.6.1. Problem still persisted. Clearing history, removing website data, rebooting didn’t work. Just by accident, I found that by requesting mobile website (by clicking on AA in upper left corner of address bar) seem to load the page. Sometimes, I have to go back and forth between requesting desktop and mobile site to load the page. Default in settings is always request desktop site. Have other iPad users encountered same issue?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 8:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 6:11 PM

Hi chris_g1,

As indicated in my original post, I had already tried troubleshooting steps listed in the link you shared. The blank page issue occurs with only some sites. I updated to 13.6.1 only last week, but it didn’t solve the problem. Turning off request desktop site in settings helps, however, not sure if that will affect browsing experience with other sites.

Hope Apple can investigate and fix the issue. If you know for sure 13.7 has specifically addressed this issue, l can try this update.

Thanks.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 3, 2020 6:11 PM in response to chris_g1

Hi chris_g1,

As indicated in my original post, I had already tried troubleshooting steps listed in the link you shared. The blank page issue occurs with only some sites. I updated to 13.6.1 only last week, but it didn’t solve the problem. Turning off request desktop site in settings helps, however, not sure if that will affect browsing experience with other sites.

Hope Apple can investigate and fix the issue. If you know for sure 13.7 has specifically addressed this issue, l can try this update.

Thanks.

Sep 2, 2020 3:35 PM in response to mms62

Hi mms62,

It sounds like web pages are blank or don't load on your iPad, is that right? We'd love to work on this with you, and help get it sorted out.

Just to confirm, is this happening when you try to load web pages in Safari, or is this happening in another web browser? If this issue is occurring in Safari, the troubleshooting steps on the following page may help:

If Safari displays a blank page or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, iPadOS 13.7 was just recently released. If you haven't done so already, we'd suggest updating to the latest version, to help rule out a possible software related cause of this behavior. If you'd like a reference on how to back up and update your iPad, please have a look here:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks!

Sep 6, 2020 7:57 AM in response to mms62

mms62,

Thanks so much for following up with us, and letting us know that updating didn't improve the issue. 

Since you mentioned that the issue only occurs with certain websites, we may need to get you in touch with support teams for those specific websites for further assistance. However, we want to do everything we can to help here first. 

Before we move forward, we just want to confirm a few details that will help us plan our next steps. 

To clarify, does this happen only when your device is connected to a certain network, or does it happen with all connections?

Also, do you use iCloud bookmarks? If so, do you experience this same behavior when trying to view those websites or bookmarks on another device? More about using iCloud bookmarks here: If your iCloud or Safari bookmarks aren’t syncing

Take care!

Blank pages on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.