Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup and Itunes

Usually backup my phone with itunes but with this lates updates on itunes and on macOS Catalina, my phone won’t show up! Don’t know what to do. Already tried restarting both phone and mac and changing usb port.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 11:55 PM

Have you tried a different cable (even though it shows up in system information)?

When you plug your phone into your MacBook, do you have your iPhone awake and on the home screen?

Does a pop up show on your phone asking you to trust the MacBook?

And you are looking in the right place in Finder? I just plugged mine in and it shows up under 'Locations' and it shows up as the name of my phone.

If you are still stuck, like Carl_Franz has suggested you may need to contact support. It is really late here and way beyond my bedtime!

Here is a link for support

Get Support

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 11:55 PM in response to Soha666

Have you tried a different cable (even though it shows up in system information)?

When you plug your phone into your MacBook, do you have your iPhone awake and on the home screen?

Does a pop up show on your phone asking you to trust the MacBook?

And you are looking in the right place in Finder? I just plugged mine in and it shows up under 'Locations' and it shows up as the name of my phone.

If you are still stuck, like Carl_Franz has suggested you may need to contact support. It is really late here and way beyond my bedtime!

Here is a link for support

Get Support

Backup and Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.