Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem With iphone

Hi, I have a couple of problems with my iPhone XR, same problems seems to affect the Xs max of my friend. Often times when I get a call it doesn’t ring and the person calling gets call rejected. This happens even if I’m using it or not it happened many times. Being called is a major phone utility it’s what the phone is made for primary and to have it not function is a serious problem. And another problem is when I get notifications if I’m listening to music the sound of the music decreases but it doesn’t revert back to its original volume. I have to either wait a long time or close de application and turn it back on. I listen music on iTunes. I have the latest iOS version installed so it’s not that. Can anyone help me with this?

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 1:26 AM

Do you have Call Forwarding on, Settings>Phone>Call Forwarding? If you are hearing ringing, it is not Do Not Disturb. Last thing to check is with your carrier to see if there is some type of restriction on your account. Call handling is a carrier function.

Also see If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

For your sound issue try to close all opened apps and restart your iPhone. Also check for any pending app updates.

If that doesn't help you can try to reset all settings:

1. Go to Settings  > General > Reset.
  2. Choose Reset All Settings: All settings—including network settings, the keyboard dictionary, the Home screen layout, location settings, privacy settings, and Apple Pay cards—are removed or reset to their defaults. No data or media are deleted.

Or to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 1:26 AM in response to teodor33

Do you have Call Forwarding on, Settings>Phone>Call Forwarding? If you are hearing ringing, it is not Do Not Disturb. Last thing to check is with your carrier to see if there is some type of restriction on your account. Call handling is a carrier function.

Also see If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

For your sound issue try to close all opened apps and restart your iPhone. Also check for any pending app updates.

If that doesn't help you can try to reset all settings:

1. Go to Settings  > General > Reset.
  2. Choose Reset All Settings: All settings—including network settings, the keyboard dictionary, the Home screen layout, location settings, privacy settings, and Apple Pay cards—are removed or reset to their defaults. No data or media are deleted.

Or to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Problem With iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.