Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring iTunes library

I have a windows computer that I wanted to transfer my iTunes library from to my new MacBook Pro. I am a first time Mac user so I’m clueless really when it comes to the MacBook. Anyway, I watched a YouTube video on how to transfer my iTunes files:

consolidate, Copy. Paste on usb, plug in to Mac.

some files appeared in the macs music but many did not transfer. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 5:22 AM

hjpointers wrote:

I have a windows computer that I wanted to transfer my iTunes library from to my new MacBook Pro. I am a first time Mac user so I’m clueless really when it comes to the MacBook. Anyway, I watched a YouTube video on how to transfer my iTunes files:

some files appeared in the macs music but many did not transfer. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong.

Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac - Apple Support

Download Windows Migration Assistant v2.0.5.0 - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 5:22 AM in response to hjpointers

hjpointers wrote:

Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac - Apple Support

Download Windows Migration Assistant v2.0.5.0 - Apple Support

Transferring iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.