Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer from iTunes on one computer to Music on another

I am moving from a 2009 mac using iTunes to a newer machine running Catalina and Music.app. I have exported all my music to an external hard drive, and then I thought that all I had to do was to move the iTunes folder with the library files over to the new computer. I have done that, but when I open Music, it doesn't see the library. What should i do?

I know I could simply import all my music into Music.app. But then, I wouldn't have all the playlists that I have built up over the years.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 5:39 AM

See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 29, 2020 9:11 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks. I'd done most of that, but I hadn't realised that the Music app wants to make its own library and I should option open Music to create a new library.

The next problem is that none of my album art is showing up, but I've found out that it shows up if I drag the media into the library. So I'll have to delete it from the library and then import again.

How do I transfer from iTunes on one computer to Music on another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.