Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to Mac OS Catalina

Hi All,

I am having issues trying to update/install to mac os Catalina. When I go to software update it sends me to the app store to download and everything downloads fine. It goes through all the steps till the very last step where it says to install or go back. I click install and nothing ever happens. I have tried restarting and re downloading multiple times. I can't download multiple programs I need because my OS isn't new enough. Any help would be appreciated. I have 44 gb of memory remaining.

Thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 2:38 PM

11 replies

Sep 2, 2020 8:35 PM in response to dsmith282

It is always best to have your mac connected to your router via cable, Thunderbolt to Ethernet, or USB-C Ethernet.

If this is not possible and WiFi is the only option then move the mac as close to the router as possible.

It is also very important not to use the mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same

internet connection.

Update to Mac OS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.