Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update or refresh the list of Photos libraries that I can choose from when opening the Photos app?

I've recently installed a larger internal SSD in my iMac, enabling me to transfer my multiple Photos libraries back to my Mac from their former location on a dedicated external hard drive. (I also back up my iMac regularly to Time Machine and another external hard drive.) Now, when I option-open the Photos app to choose a library (other than my system photos library), I don't see the alternate libraries on my iMac in the list, only their copies located on my backup hard drive. I can open the desired libraries by clicking on "Other library…" and navigating to their location, but that doesn't seem to change the list for the next time (i.e., the list doesn't show the alternate library as having been the one opened last). How can I refresh or rebuild this list to always show the libraries located on my Mac?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 8:23 AM

I got where you were going. I moved them out of the Pictures folder and into my Home folder and now they show up just fine. Thank you so much!

Similar questions

3 replies

How do I update or refresh the list of Photos libraries that I can choose from when opening the Photos app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.