Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad pro 2020 12.9 inch - thin flickering line in display

Hi Everyone,

I got a ipad pro 2020 12.9 inch on a plan with Optus Australia, ipad perfect and all good and I applied a screen protector on the day it arrived, and yesterday the battery was low and I charged it, and after some time , I took it out for composing an email, a thin line on ipad vertically , going to apple care on Monday Sep 7th 2020 as I booked an appointment after a suport chat . Any one have similar problem?

Attached is the pic taken from my Mobile , as it is a hardware defect screenshot didn't reflect the line at all.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 11:12 PM

1 reply

Sep 3, 2020 2:31 AM in response to ideepakprasad

Two possibilities exist - either a software glitch or a screen hardware fault. If the screen has a hardware fault, it will require repair.

A forced-restart of the iPad may be helpful in clearing an isolated software problem:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

ipad pro 2020 12.9 inch - thin flickering line in display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.