Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Monitor

Hello

I'd really appreciate any guidance on this problem I've been having. I'm trying to connect an external monitor to my Macbook Air (2019 model). My monitor is a Samsung (S24E650DW) and the cable i'm using is a USB-C to DisplayPort cable (this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/DisplayPort-uni-Compatible-MacBook-Surface/dp/B075V27G2R).

This set-up has worked in the past but recently it's so flickery it's not usable. I've read online that I may need to be an adaptor/cable from Apple directly. Is this true? Or might there be an alternative fix? I've tried quite a few fixes already but none seem to work.

Thanks so much in advance

Bethany

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 6:14 AM

I use a generic mini-display chord on my MacBook air and never had a problem

this company probably makes adaptors for apple, since they don't make their own.

the issue could be the connection on the monitor which i experience every so often or a setting during an update.

but not the chord or adaptor, unless that us broken or frayed.

hope this helped!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 6:14 AM in response to brex45

I use a generic mini-display chord on my MacBook air and never had a problem

this company probably makes adaptors for apple, since they don't make their own.

the issue could be the connection on the monitor which i experience every so often or a setting during an update.

but not the chord or adaptor, unless that us broken or frayed.

hope this helped!

External Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.