Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to retrieve or change my iCloud email address password?

how to retrieve or change my iCloud email address password? does it have to be different from anything else I have?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 2:42 PM

Try -- If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

2 replies

Sep 25, 2020 6:25 PM in response to muckheap

I had this same question because the iCloud email set up by itself without me entering a password, and it added itself along side my gmail messages in the "Mail" app on my iPad, without entering a password. Afterwards, I checked iCloud.com, and I was able to see my iCloud mail after entering my Apple ID and password. So, I guess they figure that if you can open your iPad, then you can open your mail without a password. On my Mac it was also added along side my gmail messages, again without entering a password, but I had to click the button at the top left of the screen, "get new messages" before the iCloud messages would show up. So, I don't think there is a separate iCloud email address password, but only the Apple ID and password. This simply explains what I have experienced with this issue. Hope this helps

how to retrieve or change my iCloud email address password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.