Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cannot get icloud to add to my outlook email after changing my password

i uninstalled and reinstalled and still cannot add outlook mail for icloud or me

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 11:16 AM

ok you were right, the instructions irritating. The user specific password worked! No body with att, microsoft, or apple knew this!

Spend many a day talking to the experts, really sucks, that things or so dismantled.

3 replies

Sep 4, 2020 10:07 AM in response to bkennedy39

Hello bkennedy39,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand that you are unable to add your iCloud account to Outlook. Let’s take a look and see what we can do. We're happy to help!

We recommend taking a look at this resource on generating app-specific passwords. In order to sign in to your iCloud email on Outlook you have to generate a one-time app specific password.

Using app-specific passwords

Have a great day!

Sep 4, 2020 10:21 AM in response to Nicholas_B2

I'm already signed in to my Apple account so I don't know why I would need a specific password it says it's not necessary the problem is I just can't log into Outlook with the bkennedy39 @iCloud.com it won't let me do it but I am logged into outlook on my laptop as well as iCloud it always worked before I change my password now it will not except any passwords and I know the correct password for my Apple ID it also will not work with the bkennedy39@me.com which is always been the same same password as the iCloud email are you saying even though I'm able to login my iCloud and Apple online that I need a different password for the outlook all my other emails in Outlookwork

i cannot get icloud to add to my outlook email after changing my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.