Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

why can I not add my icloud email account to Outlook

Trying to add my iCloud email account to Outlook 365 results in an error after entering the password. The user ID and PW are correct. Is there a setting in iCloud I need to change.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 11:56 AM

Hello wwolfe01,

We can answer your questions:

1. The dashes in the app-specific password are required and help you easily read it.
  2. You should be able to highlight the password text and then copy/paste it where needed.

Take Care!

4 replies

Jul 28, 2023 11:05 AM in response to wwolfe01

Hello wwolfe01,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to add your iCloud account to Outlook on your Windows computer. Looking at this Windows resource on this, Add an iCloud email account to Outlook- Microsoft Support, you will need to setup an app-specific password for Outlook with these steps:

"How to generate an app-specific password
1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
2. In the Sign-In and Security section, select App-Specific Passwords.
3. Select Generate an app-specific password or select the Add button Blue plus sign icon., then follow the steps on your screen.
4. Enter or paste the app-specific password into the password field of the app."

Those steps are from this Apple resource Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

Cheers!

why can I not add my icloud email account to Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.