Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPLE WATCH SERIES 4 - BATTERY LASTS ONLY FOR 6 hours after a full charge

I have a Apple Watch series 4 in which the battery lasts only for 5-6 hours after a full charge and there are no any active apps that are draining the watch’s battery .

Sent it to the apple repair and yet they said there was no problem within the watch but the battery issue has not been resolved yet .

It is really annoying to charge it every 6 hours and i don’t know how many times a day . This issue presumed right from the day one I bought the watch .

I see there are same issues with many of the Apple Watch series 4 users .

can anyone of you shed some information on how you are dealing with this issue ?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 10:42 AM

Hi,

Really, your watch should last longer than 6 hours on regular use, unless there’s multiple workouts throughout the day.

To be fair, there aren’t a lot of components that could be faulty to the point of draining battery... If all sensors are there, and the battery is in good condition, that’s pretty much it regarding hardware tests. If you’ve sent it to Apple and they’ve returned it to you, it means they’ve ran diagnostic tests on your watch and couldn’t detect any hardware issue.

This means there must be something on the software/settings/apps eating away a good battery during regular use, and it might be a bit difficult to spot it.

I’’d recommend having a careful look at these two links, with plenty of tips on increasing battery life:

APPLE WATCH BATTERY:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210551

HOW TO MAXIMISE BATTERY LIFE:

https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

And here are some personal recommendations from the top of my head if you wanna have a look:

• Make sure both the watch and the companion iPhone are updated to the latest OS.
  • On the watch app, on General settings, tick off Background App Refresh for apps you don’t use that often.
  • Also on the watch app, make sure you have wake on tap set to 15 seconds instead of 70s.
  • Turn off Listen for Hey Siri on the watch app.

Good luck,

Vicko

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 10:42 AM in response to THEJI

Hi,

Really, your watch should last longer than 6 hours on regular use, unless there’s multiple workouts throughout the day.

To be fair, there aren’t a lot of components that could be faulty to the point of draining battery... If all sensors are there, and the battery is in good condition, that’s pretty much it regarding hardware tests. If you’ve sent it to Apple and they’ve returned it to you, it means they’ve ran diagnostic tests on your watch and couldn’t detect any hardware issue.

This means there must be something on the software/settings/apps eating away a good battery during regular use, and it might be a bit difficult to spot it.

I’’d recommend having a careful look at these two links, with plenty of tips on increasing battery life:

APPLE WATCH BATTERY:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210551

HOW TO MAXIMISE BATTERY LIFE:

https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

And here are some personal recommendations from the top of my head if you wanna have a look:

• Make sure both the watch and the companion iPhone are updated to the latest OS.
  • On the watch app, on General settings, tick off Background App Refresh for apps you don’t use that often.
  • Also on the watch app, make sure you have wake on tap set to 15 seconds instead of 70s.
  • Turn off Listen for Hey Siri on the watch app.

Good luck,

Vicko

Sep 3, 2020 10:26 AM in response to THEJI

To understand Apple Watch performance and its relation to your battery, see:

Apple Watch Battery and Performance - Apple Support

“Battery life” is the amount of time your device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time your battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. Maximize both and you’ll get the most out of your Apple devices, no matter which ones you own. See the "Tips for Apple Watch" section in:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see the replies to:

Update 6.2.1 Battery Draining Too Quickly… - Apple Community

APPLE WATCH SERIES 4 - BATTERY LASTS ONLY FOR 6 hours after a full charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.