Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text not delivered

My texts to my friends who don't have an iPhone don't get delivered. This happens whether I have SMS on or off. My carrier supports unlimited texts. These people used to get texts from me no problem, but starting this summer, whenever I send a text to these friends the message has the red exclamation point in a circle and "Not delivered" in red under them. They haven't blocked me and have done nothing on their end to stop my texts coming in. I can send and receive just fine in texts with them on my other phone. The phone with a problem is an iPhone X and the one without the problem is iPhone XR. Of course I have tried starting and restarting the phone.

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 7:24 AM

2 replies

Sep 3, 2020 5:14 PM in response to KiltedTim

Thank you for the reply. I did contact the carrier and both phones are on the same account with unlimited texting and SMS. They refreshed the account and I still get the same message - a red Not Delivered - on the one phone. The other phone is fine.

Funny thing - the phone that is able to send texts to the same people has SMS turned off. On the phone that isn't working, I have tried both on and off. Nothing helps.

Text not delivered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.