Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do iPhone photos of text on a white background come out as text on a grey background

taking photos with my iPhone XS turn the white background of a page of text into text with grey background. Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 8:55 AM

Countdown2 wrote:

taking photos with my iPhone XS turn the white background of a page of text into text with grey background. Any ideas?

Basic photography.

The camera is calibrated for an average scene, not a white scene with a bit of black.

Find the exposure compensation feature and go +2.

With the default Camera app, tap on the viewfinder and slide up. You should see the exposure brighten.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 8:55 AM in response to Countdown2

Countdown2 wrote:

Basic photography.

The camera is calibrated for an average scene, not a white scene with a bit of black.

Find the exposure compensation feature and go +2.

With the default Camera app, tap on the viewfinder and slide up. You should see the exposure brighten.

Why do iPhone photos of text on a white background come out as text on a grey background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.