Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

slide show error

HELP! I am making a slideshow for a very important occasion. It worked yesterday, then I added more photos today and I am getting two error corrects.

1) is "Internet Connection Required...An internet connection is required to download larger versions of these items for creating a slideshow.".

I am definitely connected to the internet so this is getting very frustrating that I cant play this slideshow.

2) It also says “an error occurred while downloading on for more photos for the slide show. please try again later.” I tried later again and again. I removed some photos and it still is not working.

Please help me! I am on a deadline...thanks!

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 10:52 AM

Do you have enough free storage? The error message could mean, that Photos is unable to download the originals fro the photos in the slideshow, because you have not enough free storage on your Mac or in iCloud.

Free as much storage as possible by emptying the Trash and quitting all other applications, the restart the Mac and check the free storage with Disk Utility. Disk Utility will show you the storage that is free (really unused) and not just available, like the Finde his showing. The "available" storage shown in the Finder is much too optimistic, because it includes the storage that can be purged, but that will not help with the slideshow.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 10:52 AM in response to PritiRRobyn

Do you have enough free storage? The error message could mean, that Photos is unable to download the originals fro the photos in the slideshow, because you have not enough free storage on your Mac or in iCloud.

Free as much storage as possible by emptying the Trash and quitting all other applications, the restart the Mac and check the free storage with Disk Utility. Disk Utility will show you the storage that is free (really unused) and not just available, like the Finde his showing. The "available" storage shown in the Finder is much too optimistic, because it includes the storage that can be purged, but that will not help with the slideshow.

slide show error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.