Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a question about storage. I’m at capacity on my phone (63.5 out of 64gb). Can I delete photos from my phone without them being deleted from the iCloud?

How do I clear up storage on my phone (deleting pictures) without them being deleted from the iCloud?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 12:37 PM

Lauramchance16 wrote:

How do I clear up storage on my phone (deleting pictures) without them being deleted from the iCloud?

You can’t. You can download and save copies of the photos on your computer but if you use iCloud Photos, when you delete them on the phone, they are deleted in iCloud as well.

This explains how to download the photos to your computer.

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 12:37 PM in response to Lauramchance16

Lauramchance16 wrote:

You can’t. You can download and save copies of the photos on your computer but if you use iCloud Photos, when you delete them on the phone, they are deleted in iCloud as well.

This explains how to download the photos to your computer.

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

I have a question about storage. I’m at capacity on my phone (63.5 out of 64gb). Can I delete photos from my phone without them being deleted from the iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.