Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete photos on my phone will it also delete them in iCloud

My phone keeps on saying storage full, I have deleted apps and pictures. I have iCloud+, if I delete pictures on my phone will it also delete them from iCloud?

Even after deleting it still shows a message of storage full.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 12:29 PM

Deleting photos is a two-step process. If you delete a photo from Photos from your iPhone that have iCloud Photo Library enabled, that photo will be moved to a “Recently Deleted” area — not only on the phone but also in the cloud and on your other devices that are also configured to use iCloud Photo Library.

Ref: iCloud - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 12:29 PM in response to quina146

Deleting photos is a two-step process. If you delete a photo from Photos from your iPhone that have iCloud Photo Library enabled, that photo will be moved to a “Recently Deleted” area — not only on the phone but also in the cloud and on your other devices that are also configured to use iCloud Photo Library.

Ref: iCloud - Apple

If I delete photos on my phone will it also delete them in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.